First real blog post?


Today, my friends and I painted.

And made prank phone calls.
Aren't we just so "bad"? I won't lie, I couldn't stop laughing. I couldn't help myself. But I will admit, I felt bad for the people on the other end of that phone line. I mean, come on. Just because we're teenagers, doesn't give us the right to go around pranking people. We ended up calling three or four people we actually knew personally, all of whom almost immediately figured out that is was nothing more than a prank. My friends aren't stupid.
However, after that we proceeded to paint our poster for the Relay for Life, it was very artistically licensed. Three of us painted it on a cardboard box, 4ftx4ft, and it is... Bright and splattery, for the most part. The 4AM on it is spray painted white, and I painted a beautiful flower, the brightest thing on it. Anyways, Relay for Life is a Relay for cancer research. My team is called 4AM, and I designed the logo you see above. It goes on the front of the shirt, with our last names on the back. Trust me, on friday, I will upload two team pictures, all of us facing front and back so you can see :)
I'm really excited for this, really, because I have been anticipating it. I like hanging out with all my friends, and all night, it doesn't get better than that. Especially because when it's 4AM, I get really giddy, giggly, and ridiculous. Desiree exhausted? Best. Thing. Ever. Not even joking, it's like my best friend when she's ridiculously high on her powerful prescription allergy meds.
I believe in raising money to fight cancer, because cancer is, well, bad. My Tante Inge (great aunt) and Uncle Charlie have both had it, luckily both survived. I know a lot of people have died from cancer, and I'm very fortunate that they didn't.
Sometimes I get really scared I have cancer. Which is crazy, haha, I'm only sixteen, c'mon, Desiree. You're so funny, aren't you.
I'm really stoked for Relay for Life, though, because it's supposed to be really fun. I'm a little upset, because I'll be seeing someone I really don't want to. And I'm sort of really, really dreading it. I'm glad I'll be there with friends and people I love, but there will be more than a few people there who I'm not particularly fond of, and even more I don't know. Haha...
I am getting grey hair! That was a little ADHD of me, and yes, my mum has said that it is incredibly likely that I have ADHD. But I am getting grey hair, I keep finding them. It's actually white, not sure if I'm turning blonde or what. For my dear boyfriend, who jokes about blondes and me being blonde and almost all things blonde related, for some reason it doesn't seem incredibly unlikely he has a blonde fetish. So, me basically turning blonde would probably make him very happy. He made a blonde joke about Transformers 3 for Pete's sake.
But tomorrow is Relay for Life, so I will write you something short about my day before I leave at 2:30PM, and maybe something on Saturday. It depends how alive I am.
Thank you very much for reading :)
Desiree.

No comments:

Post a Comment